As more people buy cars and motorcycles, they boost the sale of petrol, a compulsory element for the car to run. This makes the business lucrative and very profitable.
Petrol stations also offer cooking gas which is a common need for almost all households.
If you want to start a petrol station business in Uganda, then go for it, as this is one very lucrative business.
Also, the Uganda National Bureau of Standards inspects regularly to know which petrol stations are of quality.
How much does it cost to build a petrol station?
Even though the business is lucrative and has high profits in return, the startup can give one quite a headache. But do not worry; with the right tools, you will get there.
The first thing is to build a petrol station, then stock all the necessary products, marketing fees, wages for employees and electricity supply. This will cost around 1 million dollars to 20 million dollars.
The price varies because of the quality, and design one may want his or her petrol station to look like.
Steps to start a petrol station business in Uganda
To start a successful business in Uganda, one has to do things and the necessary permits one has to acquire. Some of the steps are as below;
- The first step is to know the type of business you want to start and acquire a unique business name.
- The next step is to register your company with the Register Company and later be issued with the certificate of registration. One is also required to contact the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- Acquire all the necessary licenses from the Ministry of Health and Fire Department. This ensures the safety of your precious employees and the consumer’s safety, especially businesses that deal with food.
- Register with the local authorities to get a trading license or operating permits.
- For Tax, purposes register with the Uganda Revenue Authority. Once you register your petrol station, you will be given a Tax Identification Number that will be like your account number.
Tips to start a petrol station business in Uganda
- Have a business plan that you will follow to the latter. It will help you manage your finances and not overspend.
- Advertise your business using posters and even on social media platforms. Tell your friends to tell other friends so that your business can grow.
- Study the strengths and weaknesses of other businesses in the same field as yours and get to know how they work with them.
- Look for a location with the target market. Urban places, near town centers, and shopping malls are some of the best places to start almost any business.
- Offer delivery service at a small fee to help your customers get their goods on time.
- Look for a supplier who offers products at a cheaper price so that you can get massive profits. Also, look for one who offers quality goods.
- For security purposes, install CCTV cameras. This will also help avoid unnecessary losses.
- Hire competent employees to help you with the boutique business. This promotes efficiency and easy operation.