With more people purchasing cars daily, not to mention those who already had cars before, the motor spares business keeps on booming and being more profitable.
This is because the cars bought need maintenance and new spare parts as the old ones tear out. All this makes the motor spares business worth the risk of investments as in return, and the profits are massive.
Steps to start a motor spares business in Zimbabwe
Starting a motor spares business in Zimbabwe requires one to meet certain requirements for the business to run smoothly. Here are some of the requirements needed;
- First, you must go to NSSA to find out the permits that you will require to run the business. You can go to the offices physically or visit the website to know more details.
- The next website to visit is the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority website. This will give you information on how the taxes will be charged and paid.
- You can also get a lawyer to represent your company and help you with the registering process.
- Get a unique business name and register it. It is very ideal for small businesses and big businesses to register a company name using a lawyer.
- You can also get a company seal and certificate of incorporation for about $25.
- The next important thing is the City council business permit. Without this permit, it is really hard to start any business in Zimbabwe. The cost may vary depending on the size of the business and premises. Upon payment, you will get a receipt and a certificate later in about a week.
- Health is another really important sector in any business, especially food-related businesses. One is required to have a health certificate upon inspection by a health officer.
- A fire safety certificate is also required to ensure the safety of your employees, yourself, and customers.
Tips to start a motor spares business in Zimbabwe
For your motor business to grow and become profitable over time, one needs to also use a few tricks here and there to boost it. The first thing one should do is;
- Look for a suitable location to work from. The location must be easily accessed and in some urban places where the target market is easy to find.
- Advertise your business on social media platforms to attract more customers and help your business grow.
- Research the business. Get to know the strengths and weaknesses other businesses face and how they solve the problems.
- Know which kind of products you will work with. The motor spares industry is quite huge and expensive to venture so it’s best to know the type of products you will dwell in.
- Hire some employees to help you with the work.
Motor spares that one can sell in Zimbabwe
Once you’re ready to start the business, you can stock your business with this motor spare product that can readily be bought. This includes;
- Shock absorbers
- Ball joints and bearings
- Suspension parts
- Electronic sensors
- Motor oils
- Boots and bonnets