Do you want to freeze your Nigerian UBA account and have no idea where to begin doing it? Maybe your credit card has been stolen, and you would like to prevent any action on your account.
Don’t sweat it since I am here to guide you in ways to freeze your account. But before that, let me clearly illustrate for you what we mean precisely by freezing a charge, after which we shall see how you can freeze your own UBA bank account.
What Is An Account Freeze
Account freezing is when all open transactions are canceled, and the checks presented on them are invalid. This action is, in most cases, done by banks to prevent the transactions from happening.
Freezing an account can be done by the owner of the account of a third party, such as the authorities, the government, or even the court. There are ways in which an individual can freeze their account.
How Do I Freeze My UBA Bank Account In Nigeria
It is pretty impressive that you can freeze your UBA account on your own so that in case you need to, you don’t necessarily have to go to the bank. Here is how you can go about it:
1. You can send a ‘FREEZE ACCOUNT’ as a message to Leo. This will only be effective when you have enrolled on Leo. When you do this, the bank will get back to you, and your account was frozen.
2. Another means is by dialing *919#, then select option 9, and voila! Your account will be frozen.
How To Freeze Online Transactions Using UBA USSD
If you want to freeze your UBA transactions online with USSD, follow these simple steps:
- Begin by dialing *919# on your mobile phone.
- Then press 8 to go to the next option.
- Finally, press 2 to freeze online transactions.
- If you want bank services, press 5.
The above will guide you to freeze your UBA online transactions. The process is not at all complicated, and it works effectively.
So when you find yourself in a situation and urgently need to freeze your UBA account in Nigeria, use any of the above methods.
Whether you choose to do it directly or online, either way, will be efficient. These ways have enhanced a cyber security feature which is a plus.