The transport business is one industry that can bring large profits and requires less investment and hustle. There are things one has to do and plan to start and achieve a successful business. Here is a look at how to start a transport business in Uganda;
Steps to start a transport business in Uganda
To start a successful business in Uganda, one has to do things and the necessary permits one has to acquire. Some of the steps are as below;
- The first step is to know the type of business you want to start and acquire a unique business name.
- The next step is to register your company with the Register Company and later be issued with the certificate of registration.
- Acquire all the necessary licenses from the Ministry of Health and Fire Department. This ensures the safety of your employees and yours and the consumer’s safety, especially businesses that deal with food.
- Register with the local authorities to get a trading license or operating permits.
- For Tax, purposes register with the Uganda Revenue Authority. Once you register for transport business in Uganda, you will be given a Tax Identification Number that will be like your account number.
Tips to start a transport business in Uganda
- Have a business plan that you will follow to the latter. It will help you manage your finances and not overspend.
- Advertise your business using posters and even on social media platforms. Tell your friends to tell other friends so that your business can grow.
- Study the strengths and weaknesses of other businesses in the same field as yours and get to know how they work with them.
- Look for a location with the target market. Urban places, near town centers, and shopping malls are some of the best places to start almost any business.
- Hire competent and reliable employees who will help your business grow and deliver quality work.
Types of transport business one can start in Uganda
In Uganda, there are various transportation services that one can offer. Depending on the amount of capital one has one can start any of the following transport services;
- One can start a transportation service using a tricycle which can transport goods up to 500kg.
- A bicycle is the cheapest and easiest means to start a business and can even mobilize people.
- A taxi car can be used to offer transportation services to humans.
- One can also buy a truck to be used to transport goods.
- There is also the public transport system that one can venture into.