From being considered as a toy, hobby tool, celestine intelligence operations tool for the military and the camera of the rich, today drones are delivering more services than we expected.
Many are making businesses out of it, and we think you might have an interest in the drone field that’s why we’ve dedicated this article to educate you on how to start a drone business in South Africa.
Therefore, we strongly recommend you to keep reading because all the needed information to guide you on starting your drone business is detailedly discussed below in this article.
In today’s world, owning a drone is a latent business opportunity that can be boomed at any moment from now.
Therefore it is advisable to establish a drone business now and become a leading drone business service provider than waiting till the market overfloods.
Day in and out, new businesses keep emerging out of the drone service, and below are some of the drone businesses you can choose to set up in South Africa:
2. Drone photography business
3. Agriculture/Inspection business
4. Mapping and industrial drone inspection
5. Drone repair business
6. Drone professional courses provide business
7. Drone delivery business
8. Drone Advertising and marketing business
9. Real estate drone business
10. Drone rentals
The chapters that follow are detailed information to guide you through your drone business journey in South Africa.
What You Will Need To Start A Drone Business In South Africa
The list below are the basic requirements to meet before implementing your drone business plans in South Africa:
1. Knowledge Acquisition: to commence a drone business in South Africa, there’s the need to enroll in an approved aeronautical training program, and upon completion, you’ll be served with the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SAACA) remote operators certificate, which is the sole certificate needed to set up a drone business in South Africa
2. Business Plan: strategize a business plan that covers every aspect of your drone business, ensure that you account for every element that forms part of your business because excluding some elements out of your business plan can expose your business to challenges in running your business
3. Market Research: research the drone business, seek answers on how the business operates, where the business thrives better, and many other relevant questions that need answers to help decide on how to start your business
4. Target Market: decide on the group of people you want to build your drone business around. Filmmaking and many others are the groups of people and businesses you can target for your business
5. Drone Business Choice: upon knowing your target market and conducting your market research into the drone business, you’ll be presented with data, when analyzed, will reveal to you the best drone business that can help have an easy breakthrough in the business
Always consider what your target market wants, and try as much as possible to meet their demand.
6. Drone Purchase: after choosing the kind of drone business you want to operate, purchase drones that have the qualities that can meet the services you intend to offer to the drone market
7. Choose a Business Name: choose a catchy business name that is easy to memorize and defines your drone business at the mention of it
8. Business Registration: register your drone business with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) to attain the certificates for legal operations of drone business in South Africa
Register with the South African Revenue Commission for taxation
9. Business Insurance: contact a trusted insurance company that has good insurance policies that can cover up for your business in times of disaster or misfortune in business operations
10. Business Website: build a business website that shows the kind of drone services your business offer and allow customers to book your services through your website to ease the number of people trying to make physical contact with you for business talks
11. Branding: branding is well needed in the drone business. Even though many people see it as a luxury business, so present your business to the public in a luxury way but the affordable price for services is required to convince potential customers to come for your services
12. Advertisement: in terms of marketing your drone business, advertising plays a major role. Social media, advertising websites, billboard advertisement, local newspapers, telecommunication SMS, fliers, and business cards are some of the affordable but effective advertising platforms you can choose to sell your drone business to potential customers in South Africa
How Much Does It Cost To Start A Drone Business In South Africa
The cost involved in setting up a drone business in South Africa differs depending on the choice of drone business you choose to operate and the number of drones you want to start with.
On average, the drone business can be started with a capital that ranges between R40,000 – 200,000, depending on the type of drone business you want to operate.
Is The Drone Business Profitable In South Africa
Yes, the drone business is a profitable venture in South Africa due to the high demand for the product from movie makers, music video shooters, photographers, and many others.
Best Places To Start A Drone Business In South Africa
The following are some of the best places to start a drone business in South Africa:
1. In cities with high technological advancement
2. Near tourist sites
3. Places which is easy to locate accessible by clients
4. Business centers
How To Make A Drone Business Successful In South Africa
To run a successful drone business in South Africa, consider the following factors:
1. Purchase quality drones for your business
2. Good customer service
3. Affordable pricing
4. A good business location is required to attract many clients
Challenges In The Drone Business In South Africa
The following are some of the challenges facing the drone business in South Africa:
1. Limited flight endurance
2. Drones have limited payload capacity
3. Public privacy, security, and safety concerns
4. High service pricing
Benefits Of Setting Up A Drone Business In South Africa
Below are some of the benefits gained from setting up a drone business in South Africa:
1. The business comes with an overwhelming profit
2. Generates income for the government through taxation
3. Job creation
4. Has improved the security system of South Africa
5. Has improved the movie and music industry
6. It is now a key tool in the photography business
That is the information we can provide on how to start a drone business in South Africa.