Skrill is an online wallet that offers a wide range of online payment services and money transfers.
On the other hand, M-Pesa is the best and most widely used money transfer platform in Kenya and other countries that use M-Pesa services.
The good thing happening here is that now you can transact money across M-Pesa and Skrill.
The two companies have a partnership that has made sending money easier and convenient.
You can now freely send your friends money, buy goods and services online, send money internationally, and be used by freelancers in money transactions.
Are you still doubting Skrill? Maybe you should know it is the best online money transfer platform since it has low money transfer services.
How to open a Skrill account
To use Skrill, you must have an active Skrill account.
To create a Skrill account, use the following steps;
- Go to https://www.Skrill.com/en/.
- Click register account. This is free with no charges.
- Fill the Skrill form online, providing the necessary details and information.
- Remember to add your original name, country, and the currency you prefer in the form.
- Take a keen note when choosing a preferred currency since it cannot be modified once the application is complete.
- Upload clear identification documents.
- Your street address will be required, thus entering any significant street in your city.
- Put in your phone number to perform the process. Make sure it is the number that bears your M-Pesa account.
Since we are done creating your Skrill account, let us link it to your M-Pesa account.
How to easily link your Skrill account to your Mpesa account in Kenya
- When registering your account, you will be sent a verification link to your designated email account.
- Visit your email inbox and locate the confirmation link.
- Click on the confirmation link.
- After confirmation of your account, go to the part written ‘Cards and bank account.’
- It would be best if you went to the ‘Credit and Debit card’ section.
- Select the option that says ‘Mobile wallet’.
- Click on the add mobile wallet as your choice.
- Enter your preferred M-Pesa number.
- Save Changes.
Once you are done, your Skrill and M-Pesa accounts will be linked, and you can send money across each other.
How to validate your account
- A confirmation link will actually be sent to the email address you used when setting up your account.
- Open your email inbox, and once you find the link click on it.
- Go to the ‘Cards and bank account’ section after your account has been checked.
- Go to the ‘Credit/Debit card’ section.
- Choose the option ‘Mobile Wallet’ then ‘Add mobile wallet.’
- You will be prompted to add your M-Pesa account.
- After entering your M-Pesa account, your account will be validated.
How to Successfully send money from Mpesa to Skrill account in Kenya
Make sure your M-Pesa account has sufficient funds considering charges.
You should also ensure your Skrill account currency is not in your local currency.
If you want to send money from Mpesa to Skrill, here are the basic steps you need to follow:
- Click the ‘Start button’ in your EastPesa Account.
- Go to the lipa M-Pesa menu select ‘Lipa Na Mpesa’ then select ‘Pay bill.’
- Enter the pay bill number generated from your EastPesa.
- EastPesa will generate the account number.
- Type the amount you wish to transfer.
- Give your M-Pesa pin and send the request.
- After a few minutes, your Skrill account shall be loaded.
- The money sent will reflect in the currency chosen.
If the payment does not automatically reflect, your online platform EastPesa will show you the transaction status, including when the money is reflected.