Do you have a business and would like to offer your services through Mpesa, but you don’t know how to?
All you have to do is to get a Mpesa pay bill number. Do you know how to get the Mpesa pay bill number?
If your answer is a no, then follow this guide and give your business a boost.
To get a pay bill number for your business depends on the nature of your business.
Applying for a Mpesa pay bill for individual goods differs from getting a pay bill for sole owners, limited liability companies, or even parastatals.
When you apply to register for a pay bill, Safaricom needs you to fill out requirements in advance you are given the pay bill number.
This is called Know Your Customer (KYC), which requires you to provide some information about yourself and your business. Make sure you provide accurate information.
Requirements on how to register for a Mpesa pay bill number for an individual
Two individuals can register for an Mpesa pay bill in Kenya;
- Individuals who want to record the pay bill number for buying goods and products.
- Individuals with a rental business.
If you want to register for Mpesa paybill number in Kenya, here are the requirements:
- Your National Identification Card, Passport, Military ID, or Alien ID.
- Filled and signed Mpesa Pay bill application form.
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Pin Certificate.
- Your bank details or canceled cheque.
- For an online business, you need to specify a link or approved documentation of your business.
- For individuals with a rental business, you need a copy of the allotment letter or lease document.
These are the only necessities needed to apply for an Mpesa pay bill number in Kenya.
How to register for Mpesa pay bill number for individuals
With the legal and rightful requirements for applying for an Mpesa pay bill, all that remains is for you to set up the pay bill for your business to keep it running.
If you want to register for Mpesa paybill number, follow the basic steps below:
1. Go to the Safaricom Lipa Na Mpesa website.
2. Next, download the Mpesa pay bill application form.
3. Download the Mpesa Pay bill terms and conditions.
4. After that, respond to the forms providing all the necessary information.
5. Come to an understanding of the terms and conditions.
6. It is mandatory for you to sign the pay bill form that you have filled.
7. Next, add a copy of all the required forms listed above to the Mpesa pay bill form.
8. Visit the nearby Safaricom office and all the documents you need to register for the Mpesa pay bill.
9. After submitting the Mpesa pay bill application form to the Safaricom Office, wait for the approval.
Kindly note it may take 7 to 14 days or more for Safaricom to approve your pay bill application form.
Once approved, you are ready to take your business to the next level.
How to apply for Lipa Na Mpesa short-term pay bill number
- Go to Mpesa pay bill application website.
- Click on the Apply Now button.
- You must select ‘Short term pay bill.’
- Under the categories that select the short-term Pay bill that suits your business. (Medical fund, education, funeral fund, wedding fund, charity.)
- When you click on the link, the requirements for the application will appear.
- If you have all the requirements ready, click on the apply button at the bottom right corner.
- Fill the pay bill form with all the information you must provide.
- Your short-term pay bill application details will be verified.
- Upload all necessary attachments.
- Complete the pay bill application.
After the registration, you can use your pay bill number to collect goods and services for your business.
How do I withdraw money from the Safaricom M-Pesa pay bill?
If you want to withdraw money from the Mpesa paybill, follow these steps:
- Dial *234# on your phone.
- Select option four and press send.
- Another option will appear.
- To withdraw money from your Mpesa pay bill, select option 1
- In the following dialogue box, choose option two to transfer money from your Mpesa pay bill to your account.
- Enter your Mpesa pay bill number and press send.
- Wait for an approval message on your phone.
Please note you can only withdraw money to the bank account associated with your pay bill or business number.