Due to many complaints from clients to multichoice Africa, Dstv now permits subscribers to temporarily stop their accounts for one week to two twice each year.
This has helped those customers who were on holiday to suspend the DStv on those days they were away.
They have come up with guidelines on how to suspend and re-activate it after stopping it.
Requirements To Reactivate Your DStv Decoder After Suspension
1. DStv customer care number.
2. Your decoder smart card or IUC number
3. Your phone number on the account
4. Full name on the DStv account you want to re-activate.
What you must do before you reconnect your suspended Dstv account
What should you do before contacting DStv customer care services?
- Turn on your DStv decoder to confirm if it’s operating flawlessly
- confirm if your satellite signal is ample to view the channels
- check if your smart card is well inserted
- Confirm that you have all the details on your account.
How to Reconnect Suspended Dstv Account
Below are guidelines you must follow to re-activate your suspended account
1. Jot down all your DStv account details.
2. On your phone, dial the customer care number
3. when your call is answered, ask for account reactivation
4. kindly tell them details on your DStv account
5. The customer care staff will help you re-activate your account
6. confirm that you see the pictures before ending the call
7. Go to your favorite channels to check if they are all working
That’s all for the reactivation of your suspended DStv account.
How To Reconnect DStv Without Paying
When your DStv account is suspended, and you have an active subscription, you can connect with the DStv client after service staff for reconnection without charges.
However, if your subscription has expired, then you need to renew your account.
There is no way to reconnect your DStv account without paying.
How do I activate my Account online?
DStv does not let their clients activate their decoder, but in case you have an account, you can sign in on https://www.dstv.co.za/ and clear the error codes.
How long can you pause your decoder?
You can only suspend your DStv account for not more than two weeks (14 days) twice each year.