Withdrawing of money is one thing that the mobile money platform is often used for aside from sending and receiving money. This MoMo guide will show you how you can withdraw money from your MTN mobile money account.
What Is The Shortcode To Withdraw Money From MTN Mobile Money
The USSD code for MTN mobile money withdrawal is *170#. Once you dial the MoMo code on your phone, you can follow the steps to withdraw money from your MTN mobile money account.
Things You Need To Withdraw From MTN MoMo
Before you can make a withdrawal transaction from MTN MoMo, you will need to have these:
•Valid National ID
•MTN mobile money number
•Phone for carrying out the MTN MoMo operation
•Mobile money agent
How Do I Withdraw From MTN MoMo
To withdraw your money from your MTN mobile money account, kindly follow the steps below:
1. Visit any MTN mobile money agent outlet near you
2. Tell the agent you want to withdraw money from your MoMo wallet
3. Read your phone number and the amount to be withdrawn to the agent
4. After providing those details, dial *170# on your mobile phone
5. Go for option 4 (Allow Cash out)
6. Choose Yes and send to allow Cash out
7. Wait patiently as the agent continues the process from his/her MoMo phone
8. You will be asked to read your ID number
9. Wait for a confirmation message on your phone
10. Input your MM PIN and send
11. Select Yes to confirm the transaction
12. Immediately, an SMS will be sent to you to notify you of your withdrawal transaction
How Much Is Charge For Money Withdrawal From MTN Mobile Money?
All withdrawal transactions attract an extra cost of some amount. These amounts charge are what MoMo agents are allocated commissions from. The various charges for MTN mobile money withdrawal are listed below:
1. Withdrawal transaction ranging from Gh¢ 1.00 to Gh¢ 50.00 is charged Gh¢ 0.50 of the withdrawal amount.
2. A withdrawal fee of 1% is deducted from the withdrawals exceeding Gh¢ 50.00